Determine loan and mortgage terms
Solve math, engineering, and science problems
Perform Polar/Rectangular conversions
Work in hexadecimal, octal, and binary
What is MathU RPN?
MathU RPN is a Reverse Polish Notation (RPN) scientific and financial calculator for the iPhone. MathU RPN is a native iPhone application that runs on iPhones with OS 3.0 or higher.
The calculator does all calculations with double precision accuracy and has 80 functions including 5 financial functions, 4 number bases and 8 statistical functions. There are 20 memory registers (two banks of 10 each).
Full documentation for MathU RPN is available here.
What is new in Version 2.2?
MathU RPN 2.2 adds support for iOS 4 and the ability to lock the keypad orientation.
- High resolution keypad for iPhone 4
- Support for mult-tasking under iOS 4
- The ability to lock the keypad orientation
- Bug fix for DATE function
Improvements in MathU RPN 2.1:
- Support for copy and paste
- Bug fix for AMORT function. It now correctly computes the amortization for loans from the perspective of the bank (negative PV).
Improvements in MathU RPN 2.0:
- Add a two line stack display option
- Add date functions to compute the day of the week, days between dates and a date in the future.
- Add linear regression functions to compute an estimated y or x value along a fitted line.
- Add more bit manipulation functions to shift, mask or compute the number of bits in the integer representation of a number.
- Make the A-F keys directly accessible to aid number entry in HEX mode.
- Add bit position subscripts to the display of HEX, OCT and BIN numbers.
- Add direct access to storage registers 10-19 via STO .0 through STO .9
- Add support for odd period financial calculations.
- Extend RAND function to produce random integers when in HEX, OCT and BIN mode.
- Add new preferences for Show More Stack and date format (M.DY vs D.MY).
- [Big fix] Word size setting now allows access to the full 48 bits.
Improvements in MathU 1.2:
- Support storage register arithmetic with financial functions (i.e., STO + PMT)
- Use anti-aliased fonts for button and function labels
- Improve landscape keypad. Reposition shift buttons to make them easier to use
- Seed RAND function with current time so that the sequence of numbers is always different
- Extend factorial function (n!) to compute the Gamma function for non-integer values
- Give user the choice between opening the documentation or the preferences when the (i) is tapped
Improvements in MathU 1.1.2:
- Add thousands separators to large numbers (definable by the international format settings)
- New preferences for stack height and quiet buttons
Improvements in MathU 1.1:
MathU RPN 1.1 is the first native release for the iPhone and iPod touch. This version runs directly on your iPhone (unlike MathU 1.0 for iPhone which was a web-application that ran within the Safari browser). You no longer need access to the web to run MathU. It will even run in Airplane Mode!.
- Quick response to button taps
- New Button Click sounds
- New preference to change stack height (16 or 4)
- Smoother transition between portrait to landscape keypads
- Quick access to on-line documentation
- Perpetual license: The native version will run as long as your iPhone does.
Thank you to everyone who purchased the web-application. Your support made the native version possible.
- Native application that runs directly on the iPhone (available exclusive via the AppStore)
- Full set of scientific functions
- Integrated time value of money (TVM) financial functions that follow HP-12C conventions.
- Date functions
- Double precision accuracy
- One or two line display
- 16 element stack
- 96 built-in functions (including 15 financial functions and 10 statistical functions)
- Hex, oct, and bin conversions and bit manipulation functions
- 20 memory registers
MathU RPN for iPhone supports both a portrait and landscape keypad. Simply rotate the iphone to switch between landscape and portrait keypads.
iPhone or iPod touch running iPhone OS 3.0 or higher (including iOS 4)